HSA5500 – Healthcare Leadership and Human Resources
Also, keep in mind that citing your sources is a two-step process. You need to provide a matching in-text citation for all sources noted on the reference page (APA style 7th edition).
Deliverable 7 – Plan of Action
- Analyze how human resource standards and practices within the healthcare field support organizational mission, visions, and values.
- Evaluate human resources strategies, practices, and tactics for achieving optimal workforce performance within the healthcare field.
- Assess the implication and relevance of theoretical concepts and theories of leadership within healthcare settings.
- Apply selected leadership skills throughproblem-solving, roleplaying, and simulations relevant to healthcare organizations.
- Create human resources and organizational development strategies that enable healthcare leaders to respond to opportunities and challenges inworkforceand organizational development.
- Critique self-assessment leadership, communication, conflict management, and team-building theories and practices within the healthcare field.
You are the Vice President of Human Resources at a local hospital. There has been a lot of turmoil in recent years due to leadership changes and downsizing accompanied by layoffs. The downsizing and layoffs were theresultof an increase in uncompensated care due to a lack of health insurance. The layoffs have caused a decrease in morale and many department leads have also noticed a decrease in employee performance. The Board of Directors, the hospital’s CEO, and the entire executive team are in agreement that there is a need for major changes within the institution. You have been tasked with presenting a plan of action at the next board meeting.
The three deliverables are:
Deliverable 1– Word document – 3 pages
- Create an employee satisfaction survey that will be distributed to all hospital employees.
- a. The survey should contain a minimum of ten questions.
- b. At least two questions should focus on leadership/management.
- c. At least two questions should focus on communication.
- Include a justification for each survey question from 1a and a description of what leadership can expect to learn from the question.
- Reference page required (atleast 3 of them)
Deliverable 2– Word document – 7 pages
- Write an executive summary that describes the impact of leadership on employee performance and satisfaction, as well as communication challenges that leadersface,and challenges associated with trying to increase employee motivation, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Examine the literature relating to motivation, teamwork, collaboration, and conflict management.
- a. Discuss the role of leadership/management strategies that will help others respond to workplace challenges.
- b. Discuss the critical leadership skills needed to implement change.
- c. Recommend human resources strategies and practices that hospital department leaders could use to achieve optimal performance from employees.
- References page required (atleast 5 of them)
Deliverable 3– Powerpoint 12 slides (slides with information and speaker notes in the notes section)
- Create a voiceover PowerPoint presentation that summarizes the major challenges that leaders have in keeping employees motivated.
- a. Based on prior readings, identify one theoretical framework that you will use to guide your presentation.
- b. Include a minimum of three challenges that leaders have in keeping employees motivated.
- c. Include a minimum of one recommendation for each challenge identified in section 3b.
- Reference page required (atleast 5 of them)
- Click thislinkfor help on creating an executive summary.
- Thislinkhas information for creating a PowerPoint presentation.
- Here is alinkto information about adding speaker notes.
- Here is alinkto information about creating a voiceover narration using Screencast-O-Matic.